If Your Joke Is Good I Will Steal It

These are the inner workings of my selfish and dramatic mind. Hopefully you can learn from me.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Out Of Touch

As most of you have probably noticed...I have been out of touch with the world for almost the past month. Wow. I never thought I'd say that.

Fortunately, I am blogging just a few days before I have reached the "no blogging in over a month" club. I give myself two thumbs up. Life has been crazy, to put it lightly. Two of my close friends parents have passed away in the last month. I quit my job and have been on a two week vacation before starting my new job. I can't remember the last time I left the Decatur vacinity (for more than a hospital visitation, funeral, or to go to the store). Wow. I never thought I'd say that.

But things are good. They have been rough, and they've been better, but they're still alright and they're still good. Life is good. It's too short sometimes, and it's really frustrating and confusing, but it's good. Finding the simple things in life makes it extremely enjoyable. Riding around on a beautiful day with the windows down listening to music. Having a beer with old friends and telling stories. Looking at the stars. Going fishing in a pond for a few hours on a sunny afternoon. Doing dishes by hand. Sitting around playing Scattergories or Go Fish or Spoons for hours with people you love.

Fortunately through all these changes and situations, I have not become the cynical bitch I was afraid I would become. I think it's a miracle. But thanks to some good friends and great conversations, I have not. My advice is simply this:

Take time to enjoy the simple things in life. Stop and smell the roses. Laugh with friends. If you love someone, tell them so. Don't let stupid or petty frustrations or arguments keep you from maintaining a true friendship. Listen to good music - sing along and dance often. Hang out with people younger than you...they bring you so much life, laughter and joy! Help others when you can, whether it's in a very small or very big way. Smile. Play stupid games even when you don't feel like it. Barbecue. Don't be afraid to try new things. And drink coffee. Drink LOTS of coffee. :)

I love all you guys. I hope you have been well over the past month...and when I get a free moment I want to hang out!

Peace, Love & Life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home