If Your Joke Is Good I Will Steal It

These are the inner workings of my selfish and dramatic mind. Hopefully you can learn from me.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

"Once, there was this girl who..."

Yes, I am listening to Launchcast Radio at work. And yes, I'm listening to Big Hits of the 90's. I kind of missed the 80's and 90's...due to censorship by my parents. Kiss FM was prohibited. And I, it's sad to say, missed most of the greatest music ever! Such as the Crash Test Dummies song, "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm". Hearing this song always brings me back to times at DBU when my friend Peter would sing this at work. At first I thought he was making it up. Although the genuis of this song goes unmatched...it does seem as if almost anyone could write that stuff...

I'm going with a group of friends to watch a "local band" play tonight at Haley's in Denton. At least that's what my friends told me - "Yeah, some local band is playing that Nicole and Cindy want to see. You wanna come?" Who is playing? Radiant. Figures that I'd be going to see a bunch of guys I went to college with. I laughed. I'll be there! I still remember that first day of SWAT...eating lunch at Chick-Fil-A with Daniel Hopkins & Brian Something. We already couldn't stand the cafeteria food...

I'm so FREAKING excited about the MOL Nation Red & White Partay! Woo-hoo! I'll get to meet more of the bloggers I've interacted with. And share a few beers or blasters with some good old friends. A big thanks to whoever Sarah is...thanks for hosting like 800 people at your house! You're so brave.

Logan - I want to have a slumber party. You, me, HomeStarRunner, Kayle, Jess, whoever. I don't care. As long as you and HSR are there, I'm happy. Let's do it, dude. Cause pretty soon you're gonna be all married and shit and moving to KENTUCKY! Oh and your last name will be Rambo. Can I call you Logan the Rambonator? I like it.

"The Mac Dad'll make ya...Daddy Mac'll make ya...Kris Kross'll make ya...Uh-huh! Uh-huh!"

~You know where to find me this weekend. If you do find me, I'll buy you a blaster in my honor. Good luck & let the games begin.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Linda D said…

    Kris Kross?? Come on Christie, a good friend of mine and I decided that the song of that era, the ultimate song was Warren G's Regulate!!!! Now you have some searching to do! Anyways, thanks for the comments! YAY for slumber partys. I am having an all weekend one with one of my best friend's Sheyi, who is flying down all the way from the DC area!! (She went to DBU). Anyways, it seems like everytime Eric has to leave for the weekend, she flys down to be with me! Anyhow sounds like you have fun.........i am jealous....my friday nights and weekends are like every other day of the week.......spent at home doing nothing but wathing tv shows and the news, which by the way, I am totally taking ownership of Pete Delkus, the channel 8 weather guy! Dorky, i know. LOVE YA CHRISTIE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home