If Your Joke Is Good I Will Steal It

These are the inner workings of my selfish and dramatic mind. Hopefully you can learn from me.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Do I Look Like Charlie?

I would like to start off by saying - Yes, I realize I am an administrative assistant. Now on to the venting...

I am asked to do or create or find millions of random things a day. That is part of my job. I am asked to fax, file and answer the phone. That is also part of my job. But when did it become part of my job to keep candy, change and cigarettes available for the masses? I constantly have people asking to bum a cigarette, or to borrow some change...and now...today I get asked why I don't have any CHOCOLATE! Do I look like a candy machine? Do I own a Chocolate Factory? No? Then leave me alone!

The REAL issue is that I am too damn nice sometimes. I let people bum and borrow all they want...and instead of saying "No", I complain or blog about it. Basically, I'm a huge wuss. But I think we all knew that anyway...

2 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Linda D said…

    Oh Christie, I will never ask you if I you have any change, candy, or a cigarette. I am sorry that people think you are a variety ATM machine! Don't let them walk all over you,but I do understand that in your position sometimes you have to be fake, and put on a happy smile no matter what, then people think you are this sweet person that they can walk all over. Now, having said all of this, do you happen to have any Lays Potato chips??? Eric thought you might enjoy that one! love you girl.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Christie & Ellie said…

    I don't get it. Typical.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home