If Your Joke Is Good I Will Steal It

These are the inner workings of my selfish and dramatic mind. Hopefully you can learn from me.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Beer vs. Conversation

Is it a sign of growing up or a craving for people that brings me here? I am coming to realize that the thrill of a deep conversation far overshadows the buzz I get from drinking alcohol, hanging out, and acting like a high-schooler with old friends. Not that I don't enjoy it...I definitely do. But there is something far more strong and intense about a deep or lively conversation. Or the Hit Factory making fun of someone. That's always lively.

In all honesty, I had a great time with old friends this weekend...people doing kegstands and acting all kinds of stupid. I love them, they make me laugh, and I enjoy reminiscing about the old days. I genuinely enjoy seeing them and catching up on what's going on in their lives. Yet, I still crave something deeper...something more than the surfacey, superficial relationship I have with many of them.

Therefore, I will try my best to be at The Old Monk tonight to join in the festivities. And hopefully we can get the best of both worlds...beer AND conversation. What a glorious combination.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Christie & Ellie said…

    awww...but it was cute. i should have sat one in a tree this time. dang it was bad this year! maybe i should practice more often if i want to be good? hmmm...nah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home