If Your Joke Is Good I Will Steal It

These are the inner workings of my selfish and dramatic mind. Hopefully you can learn from me.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Things not to do or say from the pulpit

I found this today in the little Bible I carry in my car. It was a handout given to us on Father's Day at church this year...I had to keep it because I was so utterly shocked. This survey was supposed to be taken during church and then given to your father later that day. It has a place to circle "Yes" or "No" to each statement.

1. Dad makes me a priority in his life.
2. Dad shows me that he loves me.
3. Dad is fair in his decisions.
4. Dad admits when he is wrong.
5. Dad spends enough time with me.
6. Dad controls his anger and words.
7. Dad listens to what I say.
8. Dad respects me.
9. Dad provides spiritual leadership.

Since when is Father's Day a day to berate or criticize fathers? The family I was with has been estranged from their father for quite some time. The three children sat together during church filling out the survey and laughing.

This sermon and demonstration compares only to the time when I was younger and the preacher mentioned FROM THE PULPIT that Santa Claus was not real. I hope that I have not just done the same thing he did by writing this in a blog...but I don't believe that I have any young readers. Unless Hit Factory still doesn't know the truth, and then for that, I am truly sorry. Santa will still visit you this year (meaning I now have to go buy you a present).

Still shocked when all this came screaming back to me,

Princess Christie

1 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Christie & Ellie said…

    hey faith! (or teresa...or whatever your name is!) ;)

    yea that was crazy! i felt bad for that family. i was just so shocked. i wondered if the pastor had thought about what he was doing before he did it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home