If Your Joke Is Good I Will Steal It

These are the inner workings of my selfish and dramatic mind. Hopefully you can learn from me.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Things that are HOME to me

I love days like today. I'm sitting at work listening to my new Ryan Adams CD (thanks BM!) and loving it. Fortunately after 6 months of working here, I finally figured out that my computer has a CD drive in it. Yep. I'm waaaay into technology.

The first song just gives me a really good feeling inside. The same kind of feeling I get when I see/hear/smell/think of something that reminds me of "home". To a lot of people "home" is the house you grew up in, or the times you spent at grandma's house on holidays. To me, "home" is so much more. It's when everything inside me feels all "put together" and at peace with the world. When everything just feels right. This song made me start thinking of all the things that make me feel at home. Here are a few:

Watching my parents laugh and joke around together.
My brother making fun of me during family dinner.
Spending time with the "Inner Circle".
Smelling Matt's old cologne.
Watching Garden State.
Standing outside under the stars and smoking a cigarette when it's cold.
Eating corn. MAN I love corn.
Cuddling under a blanket and watching a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home